Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fort Berkeley, English Harbour

Fort Berkeley was built in 1744 on a narrow strip of land at the entrance to English Harbour.
During times of siege a chain and wood boom was pulled across the entrance to block enemy ships from entering.

Merengue is the 4th boat from the left, anchored close in towards the beach. We had a beautiful view of the fireworks on News Years Eve which were launched from the fort.

Ruins of the bunkhouse and the view in toward Nelson's Dockyard.

The ammunitions bunker.

Another sunset behind the haze of volcano dust from Montserrat.

No comments:

Post a Comment